To Our Georgia Skin Cancer & Aesthetic Dermatology Patients:
As the situation regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we want to let you know that the health and safety of our patients, employees and surrounding communities are our top priorities. We are taking this health concern seriously and are taking every precaution and putting preventative actions in place as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and local authorities. We are now able to offer Teledermatology visits to certain patients with select dermatology concerns. This requires a phone, tablet, or computer with picture or video capability, but allows us to inspect suspect lesions or rashes remotely and make recommendations. Please call our front desk (706) 543-5858 to see if your dermatology concern will qualify for a Teledermatology visit. Schedule Now!
- Please consider calling our office (706-543-5858) and rescheduling any routine skin checks if you have no other questionable lesions or skin health concerns. We are going to continue to see patients that attend their appointments, but seek to do so wisely.
- The CDC has expressed that individuals over the age of 60 are at a greater risk when exposed to the coronavirus (COVID-19). Therefore, we especially ask that individuals over the age of 60 carefully consider the risks they are exposing themselves to when out in public. We will be glad to reschedule any routine appointment with our office to a later date.
- ALL PATIENTS and STAFF will go through a verbal screening process upon entering our building, before entering our waiting room, and will be asked:
- If you have traveled outside the United States or any U.S. area with active coronavirus cases within the last 14 days
- If you are currently experiencing any flu-like symptoms such as fever, body aches or cough or have experienced these symptoms within the last 14 days
- If within the last 14 days, you have been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with the coronavirus or is experiencing flu-like symptoms
- ANY PATIENT experiencing any of the above symptoms or who has been in contact with anyone with the above symptoms will not be permitted to enter our building and we will gladly reschedule his/her appointment to a later date
- ALL PATIENTS and STAFF will be screened for a fever using our quick and easy forehead scan thermometer. We are ordering additional forehead thermometers for our satellite offices and expect them to arrive later this week.
- ALL PATIENTS and STAFF will be required to sanitize their hands with disinfectant supplies provided at the point of entry into our buildingIn addition to the above, the following measures are in place:
- Our medical office space is continuously cleaned as part of our normal course of business, and we will maintain rigorous standards including cleaning and disinfecting high-touch, high-traffic areas
- Our office is stocked with quality hand soap and disinfectant supplies
- EVERY employee is charged with the highest standard of personal hygiene as well as taking responsibility for doing their part in maintaining cleanliness in their work area
- We are ensuring our Employees have the information they need to stay healthy, and Employees not feeling well in any regard will not be allowed in the workplace
- Limiting the amount of contact that our patients have with shared objects can help reduce the spread of certain infections, including COVID-19. Therefore, we have removed all magazines, books and other reading material from our waiting areas and exam rooms
- We are rotating a smaller amount of staff to maintain social distancing within the office while we remain open to serve our patients’ urgent skin health needs and skin cancer treatment.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment, rather than too early since that will help minimize the amount of time you will spend in our waiting room
- Please limit the number of family members accompanying (if possible) you on your visit to our office. To decrease the potential spread of this virus and follow CDC recommendations for social distancing, we are only allowing patients in our waiting room and other guests will be asked to wait in your vehicle. In addition, after checking in at our front desk you may be asked to wait in your vehicle and we will call you when your Provider is ready. This is being done to adhere to the social distancing policy as recommended by the CDC.